- Editorial (i.e. proofreading) – This is not an “editorial evaluation” like other self-publishing companies supply. A professional editor assigned to you will proofread your entire manuscript. Our freelance editorial team has edited lots of successful books, many for well-known traditional publishing companies** such as Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Princeton University Press, and Barbour Publishing.
- Custom Cover Design – It’s imperative for your hardcover book to have the most attractive custom cover possible. With the help of our design partner(s), your title will be given an amazing, eye-catching design.
- Black & White Interior (Custom Design) – We will design a unique interior for your book using elements from the custom cover. This will give your book the most professional appearance possible.
- Ongoing Mentoring from a Bestselling Author – Bestselling author J.J. Hebert will be your mentor throughout the publishing process and beyond.
- Unlimited Image Insertions – Include as many black and white images in the hardcover as you want. Other self-publishing companies put a limit on hardcover image insertions and then charge extra per image.
- Back Cover Copy Polish – A professional will polish your back cover copy to make it even more effective and attention-grabbing.
- ISBN Assignment – We’ll supply you with a unique 13-digit International Standard Book Number (ISBN) and then assign it to your book. Why is an ISBN important? Most bookstores and retailers will reject a title that lacks an ISBN.
- Barcode – The 13-digit International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is encoded in the barcode, which is required by most bookstores. A barcode is positioned on the back of each book, enabling bookstores to quickly scan your book into their system and ultimately track inventory.
- Library of Congress Control Number & U.S. Copyright Notice
- Global Distribution – Your book will be sold through major online booksellers such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Powell’s Books, Books-A-Million, and many international sites as well. Your book will be available in the following markets: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, European Union, and Australia. We also provide distribution with Baker & Taylor and Ingram.
- Author Sets Retail Price – We give you the option to set the retail price for your book, based on length, comparable works, and format. This way you’re not stuck trying to sell a high-priced hardcover at Amazon.com, for instance. And, of course, you can buy discounted copies of your own book.
- Author Sets Wholesale Discount – Set the wholesale discount for your hardcover as low as 30% (short discount) and as high as 55% (standard trade discount, ideal for bookstore sales). The wholesale discount chosen will affect your royalty amount.
- Fast Book Printing – Books ship 2 business days after receipt and acceptance of the order.
- Complimentary Proof Copies – We’ll send you the electronic proofs (i.e. eproofs) — usually a JPG for the cover design and a PDF for interior pages. Once you approve those eproofs, we’ll mail you a hardcover proof copy for final approval.
- 50 Free Hardcover Copies
- Online bookstore page for your book
- Advertising via the MindStir Media Twitter & Facebook accounts
- One-on-one Author Support – Questions, concerns, and comments—these will be handled by a representative assigned to you.
- Book Discount Program – You may purchase discounted copies of your title (to sell at signings or at your Web site, for example).
- Non-exclusive Contract – You retain all rights to your manuscript.
- No Hidden Fees
- 80% Hardcover Royalty on Net Sales
- Press Release with Distribution – We’ll write a professional press release for you and distribute to online news outlets.
- Social Media Publicist (click here!)
*Manuscripts exceeding 100,000 words may require additional charges.
**MindStir Media™ is in no way affiliated with Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Princeton University Press, or Barbour Publishing.
Click Here To Pay Online