Self-publishing is the fastest-growing segment of publishing. There are many good reasons for this, maybe hundreds, but you probably don’t have time to read hundreds of reasons. So we’ve simplified things and created a short list that succinctly answers the question why self-publish? Here you go:
Self-publishing will allow you to publish quickly, usually within 90 days. Average turnaround time for publishing with a traditional publishing company is around 1-2 years.
Traditional publishing offers royalty rates somewhere around 10%. Self-publish with MindStir and you’ll earn royalties up to 100%.
You keep all rights to your book. That’s probably the most important reason why you should self-publish. You wrote your manuscript and you’re financially investing in your work, so it only makes sense that you retain all rights! Since you own your material, you also control your book design, content, and much more.
Many writers choose to self-publish to prove that there’s a market for their book. A major publishing house may be more willing to publish your title after it has sold well as a self-published book.
Your self-published book will be a long-lasting part of you that future generations can treasure.
Why Self-Publish With MindStir Media?
Now that you understand why you should self-publish, here’s why you should choose MindStir Media as your self-publishing partner:
1. Personalized Customer Service & Support – You’ll never be tossed from one faceless rep to another. Once you sign an agreement with MindStir to help you self-publish your book, your primary contact will be J.J. Hebert, CEO & President.
2. Mentoring from a Bestselling Author (available with all self-publishing packages) – J.J. Hebert, bestselling author of Unconventional, will be your official mentor, offering exclusive self-publishing and book marketing tips and advice.
3. Bookstore-quality Custom Book Design – We’ve been told our designs (book covers & interiors) match the quality produced by major publishing houses. Earlier in 2011, Contingency: Book One: Covenant of Trust Series, one of our bestselling books, was recognized as a winner for Interior Design-Fiction by the National Indie Excellence Book Awards. Readers do judge a book by its cover, so it’s crucial that your cover is eye-catching and professional. We’ll do that for your self-published book.
4. Professional Editorial – Editing (i.e. proofreading) is included in most of our self-publishing packages. Our editorial team has edited hundreds of successful self-published/traditionally published books, many for well-known/major publishing companies such as Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Princeton University Press, and Barbour Publishing (MindStir is not officially affiliated with any of the aforementioned companies). Copy-editing is also available for an additional charge.
5. Unparalleled Royalties – You, the author, receive royalties up to 100% for your self-published book.
6. Control – You retain all rights to your manuscript with our non-exclusive contract. With certain self-publishing packages, you also set your paperback/hardcover’s retail price and wholesale discount. You’re also able to approve or reject our designs along the way, so you’re never “stuck” with a cover or interior you’re not pleased with.
7. Global Distribution – We sell self-published paperbacks & hardcovers through major online booksellers such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Powell’s Books, Books-A-Million, etc. Many of our titles are also available in the following international markets: United Kingdom, Canada, European Union, and Australia. We also provide wholesale distribution through Baker & Taylor and Ingram.
8. Fast, High Quality Printing – Books are professionally printed using the most advanced print-on-demand technology on the planet. Your self-published paperback/hardcover book will be of the highest quality!